43. For some time now, world leaders _______ out the necessity for agreement on arms reduction.
A. had been pointing B. have been pointing
C. were pointing D. pointed
44. Have you ever been in a situation ______ you know the other person is right yet you cannot agree with him?
A. by which B. that C. in where D. where
45. We’ve just installed two air-conditions in out apartment, _______should make great differences in our life next summer.
A. which B. what C. that D. they
46. AID is said _________ the number-one killer of both men and women over the past few years in that region.
A. being B. to be C. to have been D. having been
47. She managed to save ______ she could out of her wages to help her brother.
A. how little money B. so little money
C. such little money D. what little money
48. Fool ____ Jane is, she could not have done such a thing.
A. who B. as C. that D. like
49. The experiment requires more money than _____.
A. have been put in B. being put in
C. has been put in D. to be put in
50. _______ for the fact that she broke her leg, she might have passed the exam.
A. Had it not been B. Hadn’t it been
C. Was it not D. Were it not
51. “What courses are you going to do next semester?”
“I don’t know. But it’s about time _______ on something.”
A. I’d decide B. I decided C. I decide D. I’m deciding
52. The police have offered a large ________for information leading to the robbers arrest.
A. award B. compensation C. prize D. reward
53. I arrives at the airport so late that I ______ missed the plane.
A. only B. quite C. narrowly D. seldom
54. The popularity of the film shows that the reviewers’ fears were completely ______
A. unjustified B. unjust C. misguided D. unaccepted
55. The head of the Museum was ____ and let us actually examine the ancient manuscripts.
A. promising B. agreeing C. pleasing D. obliging
56. The multinational corporation was making a take-over _____ for a property company.
A. application B. bid C. proposal D. suggestion
57. The party’s reduced vote was ______ of lack of support for its policies.
A. indicative B. positive C. revealing D. evident